sábado, 13 de agosto de 2016

My Profile


Hello everyone, my name is Karla Patricia Fuentes Diaz. I am 27 years old and I am a student at Don Bosco University. I am studying Languages in the Teaching Field. I love English and I love this career. I studied English for 4 years (Saturdays only) in the Itca-Fepade Program. Unfortunately, because I was a teenager who did not know what I wanted for my future, I studied Foreign Affairs at National University. Big mistake! In that major I found my real vocation “teach”.


In 2013 I decided to change of Mayor, it was not in my plans to continue studying, but once I worked as an English tutor at church. I was in charge of 18 teenagers. I loved the experience but I never imagined that someday I would be working as a teacher.

Right now I am working in a private school with children. My teacher in Practicum I recommended me for the job. This job has helped me to realize that to be a teacher is not an easy job, but I have discovered that if you love what you do your rewarding will be how well your students learn.


In teaching practicum II I expect to overcome my weaknesses. I know that working with teenagers is not an easy job; however, now that I have a lot of information I can put it in practice in my lesson plans. I hope to gain experience from my tutor and my students who will help me to be the great teacher I want to be.  

Is it difficult to talk about adolescence? It should not be. We have been in that confusing but incredible journey where our brain, body and way of thinking are developing. I consider that this stage should be taken as an opportunity to help our future students. In the past our teachers were not aware of us, I can make the assumption that they even did not care about us. I appreciate this opportunity to learn from the mistakes and improve.  

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario